Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rachel's School Play






Rachel had a speaking part in her Elementary School's production of the Wizard of Oz. She and her friend played Hocus and Pocus, the Wicked Witch of the West's two comic sidekicks. Rachel also got to sing a solo! She sang Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserables, which they somehow managed to work into the plot (she sang it while Dorothy and friends were falling asleep in the poppies). Rachel's cousin helped her and her castmate get their hair appropriately weird for their service to the dark witch. Rachel has been so excited about this play ever since before she auditioned and all the practices have been a big part of her life in the weeks ever since. We are so proud of her for doing such a great job.

2 comments:

3 boys and a lady said...

Go Rach! I wish I could have seen it. Markie loves watching kids perform. I am sure you were fabulous!

3 boys and a lady said...

Go Rach! I wish I could have seen it. Markie loves watching kids perform. I am sure you were fabulous!