Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wicked Trip






To celebrate their wives' 39th Birthdays (yes, it really is their 39th, and the first time too) Don and Chris drove them down to L.A. to see Wicked. We had a great trip, stopped at the Santa Monica Pier and the L.A. Temple and saw a lot of the sights of Hollywood. In all the times we've vacationed in Southern California, we've never done the Hollywood thing before, so it was fun to see the Hollywood sign and the Stars on the sidewalk and the footprints and handprints in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We loved the play Wicked and bought the soundtrack in Barstow on our way home and listened to all the songs again. We were glad none of us knew the details of the story so we were able to just enjoy the clever retelling of the Wizard of Oz plot as it unfolded and we really loved the music and the acting and the sets. It was a great quick trip. Thank you to Heather and Brett and to Dave and Leslie for watching our kids so we could go.

6 comments:

Chris and Shani said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun adults only vacation! I'm sure it was a nice trip.

Chris and Shani said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun adults only vacation! I'm sure it was a nice trip.

Leslie said...

We loved having Scott over! Matt was in heaven having two boys here with him, so he wasn't so outnumbered! Glad you had a fun trip!

Don and Kelley said...

Elaine, you are so cute!!! When I heard that song, I thought of you too. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good. I still think I am the wicked friend though.

ksdavis6 said...

Happy Birthday to you Elaine!! How fun to go to Wicked, i would some day love to go their. Looks like you all had fun.

Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday Elaine. I'm glad you had a fun Birthday and a getaway with your hubby. They are the best and needed in a marriage. Alicia and I get to go to wicked this summer I can't wait.