Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twenty Years of Marriage




I can't believe it's been twenty years since Chris and I got married. Most of our nieces and nephews that came to our wedding are married and have children of their own. I am so grateful to have had Chris's mother, Barbara, there while his dad was serving as a mission president in Florida. We missed him, but knew he was where he needed to be. And I remember standing on these steps in the August heat sweating, thinking, "Why didn't we get married in June!"
We celebrated this event by going to the temple and going out to dinner. It was wonderful to do temple sealings and be reminded of the promises when married in the temple for eternity. I'm so glad I'm married to Chris and look forward to the next twenty!


5 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

I thought the same thing on my wedding day,......Could it be any hotter? It was the worse heatwave to hit the east coast. August is a rough time to have a wedding, but it is right before the new school year begins! Congrats on 20years. Elaine, you were a beautiful bride!

Megan and Doug Albright said...

Cute pics, I heard the funniest comment the other day: I can still zip my wedding dress up, as long as I am not in it!!

Vanessa said...

I LOVE THE HAIR! I remember doing my bangs like that when I was younger. It was so cool.

Congrats on 20 years! And a beautiful family!

Chris and Shani said...

Love the bangs! It will be fun to look back 20 years from my wedding and see how the trends have changed.

Matt and Grace said...

Congratulations! You are an awesome example!