Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Part II

Happy, hard-working, humorous, helpful, and humble are words that describe my dad. He is encouraging in all I do. If I have a car, gardening, or parenting question, he's the guy I call. I am grateful for his influence in my life and the joy he brings to me and my family. As a little girl I have fond memories of him: taking me to the ranch, letting me "help" him irrigate the hay fields and letting me ride "Diamond" our horse, teaching me to weed a garden, run a business from our home, and dance to jazz music. As a youth I remember him very patiently teaching each youth in our ward how to water ski, taking them on activities, and not putting up with any inappropriate behavior. He is a gentleman to my mother and shows great respect for her and loves her. I am grateful for him and his example of a loving father!

No comments: