Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chris's Sunday afternoon reviews: Lord of the Rings Musical Soundtrack

Two years ago for my fortieth birthday Elaine took me to Toronto to see the Lord of the Rings musical and do some other sightseeing. The play was more like a Cirque Du Soleil show than a typical broadway-style musical, but we did love the music. It was very frustrating though that there was no soundtrack CD available, so pretty soon we'd forgotten which songs we'd liked or why. So I was excited a few weeks ago to find out they'd finally created a soundtrack, with a London Cast Recording, which we got off of Amazon. Been listening to this off and on in my car when I'm not listening to audiobooks and its been nice to remember the beautiful music we liked so much about that show.

2 comments:

Brent and Ronda said...

Are hobbit musicals really short? --Brent.

Brent and Ronda said...

Aren't hobbit soundtracks really short?